Thursday, September 27, 2007

Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head Lately - Quick Post With Lots of Songs


This is just a quick post to put up some songs to share what i've been listening to, and what I can't stop listening to in my head. I'm making up for lack of content with more songs and a funny picture

This first song kills me. It's the way I wish Bob Dylan was always like. I've gotten to like him more recently but nothing approaches this song:
Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

Next up is a song by Cut Copy that I think about a lot, it may not always be in my head, but it's always in my thoughts:
Cut Copy - Saturdays

Next up is a band I remember as being one of the most derivative of all bands, basically a San Fran version of Belle and Sebastian, with songs named after B&S lines. This is a song that's been floating in and out of my head for the past 4 years:
The Aislers Set - Languor on the Balcony

This one is a staple for whenever I do some laptop DJing. I first heard it when my boy Graeme found the single at a thrift store around the corner. It's a disco version of a little number from Annie Get Your Gun, and sure, it's racist, but it's so catchy most people don't know what to do except dance. There's really no other option:
Don Armando - I'm an Indian Too

Let's end with two songs that I have more of a long-standing relationship with. First up is a song I had stuck in my head for a whole summer, one where certain lines got so stuck up in there that I had to exorcise these lines by writing them on t-shirts, which I lost soon after:
Dag Nasty - Can I Say
And next is a chorus that I just can't get over and a band that I love all over:
The Clash - Gates of the West

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home