Thursday, October 26, 2006

From 'Live at the Apollo' comes the most perfect James Brown song. I'd be hard pressed to consider it anything less than a 10/10.

"And when I tell you something that makes you feel good inside...and when I say that little thing, I say that little part that might sting you in your heart now, I wanna hear you scream.."

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d9dw4b


The second song I'm posting is from a 2003 Now-Again/Stones Throw re-issue from a psych/funk band called The LA Carnival. Originally recorded sometime between 1969-1971 (no dates are actually known), this song was their only actual release, and the band split up shortly after, with only a few more recordings under their belt. Band leader Lester Abrams plays drums, sings the main vocal, plays organ, acoustic piano and percussion throughout the record, which remain the only 10 LA Carnival songs in existence.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tffbrm

paul.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I Don't Mind" is my fave, the MC5 cover of that song is also top notch.

I guess I'll post it!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home