Wednesday, October 25, 2006

OK, so it's lo-fi week over at my place (Longer Bedrooms, LTD.), and these two songs really shoot through the heart of what's important in music. A couple chords, some non-pro vocals, and some amazing lyrics. I never thought I'd been into either of these bands. Anyone that I've ever met that likes either one is a huge douche, so again, it's another case of "it's not the band it's the fans." I at least have always admired their stories, I can say that wholeheartedly...anyway, enjoy.

(I guess this is what's cool now, I am digging, I hope everyone keeps up with it...)

Half Japanese - 1,000,000 Kisses

Beat Happening - Our Secret

4 Comments:

Blogger MTD said...

wow i really like this beat happening song - i like how mentally retarded it is. it makes me feel retarded in a fun way. like 'dirty hands' by black lips.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that half japanese song a lot, it's so nice and light, sometimes that kind of thing hits me right here, you know? The beat happening song is good, and as previously stated it is retarded. The lyrics remind me of something a 14 year old might write, with guessable rhymes. All said, these songs make me glad that humans exist, even if they are responsible for Mr Oil Man destroying our mother earth.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I really like songs like "Dirty Hands" then...that's my favourite song of the year I think. Is that Paul who wrote that?

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dirty Hands" is definitely the single best song of 2006 (even though its 2005).

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home